Are you still trying to figure out what to do for summer vacation? Do the price of airline tickets have you looking at a destination that can be reached via family car? Walt Disney World might be just the vacation solution you are seeking.
“Orlando in the summer? Are you crazy? It’s too hot in the summer to enjoy a theme park vacation!” If that’s what you are thinking, I invite you to consider Walt Disney World from a different perspective.
Yes, Orlando summers are hot. Guests flock to Walt Disney World in April and October thinking those months will be cooler. In reality, average temperatures are just 6 degrees cooler in April and October than in June, July, and August. So, let’s push temperature considerations to the side for a moment and look at some great reasons to visit Walt Disney World this summer.
1. Summer is not peak season. Crowds are much heavier during winter break, spring break, fall break, the entire month of October, Thanksgiving week, and the Christmas – New Year holidays.
2. Parks often stay open later in the summer. That means you have plenty of time for park hopping or for returning to the resort for an afternoon break.
3. Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will host Disney H2O Glow After Hours every Saturday night May 20 – September 2, 2023 (with a few Monday evenings thrown in for good measure). You’ll have a splashing good time during this 3-hour party that includes favorite water attractions, tasty snacks, Disney characters, and a DJ dance party. It’s fun for all ages! (event ticket purchase required)
4. Tron Lightcycle / Run is open! Thrill seekers in your family will definitely want to race against the Grid.
5. Independence Day fireworks at Walt Disney World are amazing! Magic Kingdom presents a holiday fireworks show on both July 3rd and July 4th. EPCOT’s special fireworks display is presented only on July 4th. You can celebrate two days in a row – one day at Magic Kingdom and one day at Epcot!
6. Two of EPCOT’s best festivals are on the summer calendar. The EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival with its amazing topiary displays, gardens, food kiosks, and Garden Rocks Concert Series runs through July 5, 2023. EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival kicks off on July 27th and runs through mid-November. There’s no better place to eat your way around the world!
7. All resort pools are open! One or two resort pools are almost always closed for refurbishment during other school breaks, but not summer of 2023! You can take a swim break every day.
8. You may be able to enjoy a longer and more relaxed stay. Summer is a great time to take a longer vacation, and the longer the better at Walt Disney World. When you aren’t trying to cram four parks into four (or fewer) days, you have time to enjoy so much more – horseback riding, fishing, bike or surrey rides, campfires at your resort, shopping and dining at Disney Springs, miniature golf, visiting other resorts, or just having some down time at your own resort!
9. You can pack for only one season! No reason to take a sweatshirt or layers. Save that suitcase space for souvenirs!
10. July through mid-September are among the most economical months to visit. This year, you can save up to 25% on rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels now through September 28, 2023. This offer is subject to restrictions and is subject to change until booked. The earlier you book the better your chance of scoring a deal!
As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner agency, Joyful Journeys knows the ins and outs of Walt Disney World. We would love to help you plan your next magical vacation, regardless of the season. There’s no time like the present, and there’s still time to get your summer vacation expertly designed! Call your Vacation Designer today. She’ll have some great tips on how to beat the heat at Walt Disney World, too!
Want to receive weekly Walt Disney World tips? Sign-up below for our Walt Disney World Tip of the Week!