While the idea of traveling to Europe seems a bit daunting at times, rest assured it is always worth doing… especially now! Check out 5 of the top reasons for visiting Europe in 2023:
- The Euro and the Dollar are almost equal – your dollars will go further in Europe than in the past several years when the Euro was worth more than the dollar. That means more delicious foods to try and fun souvenirs to buy. Want to experience the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra live? No problem! Want to bring home a hand carved nativity scene from Italy? Spend less and get more.
- It’s easy to see multiple countries and historic sites in one trip – did you know that most countries in Europe are roughly the same size as individual states in the US? This makes it easy to hop around via car, train, plane, or even a cruise ship to see multiple countries and historical sites. Many European countries offer an extensive public transportation system making it easy to navigate.
- It is almost the same price to fly from Atlanta to Las Vegas as Atlanta to Paris or Rome right now! Speaking of flights, Delta Airlines offers nonstop flights from Atlanta to Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Paris, Dublin, Edinburgh, London, Madrid, Rome, Venice, and MORE in 2023. There has never been an easier time to access these amazing European cities.
- The FOOD (and wine!). The food and wine are always a favorite part of traveling to Europe. French cheese, Italian pizza and pasta, German bratwurst, Belgian beer, Champagne… What could be better?
- The culture – there is no shortage of history, art, or theater in Europe. Shakespeare fans will enjoy walking on the same floor that he walked upon in his home in Stratford-upon-Avon. Seeing the annex where Anne Frank and her family hid during World War II, taking a tour of the ancient Greek ruins, or walking the cobblestone streets of Rome will bring history to life. Art buffs will marvel at the Mona Lisa and the vast collection of art from ancient civilizations to the 19th century while visiting the Louvre in Paris. With works spanning from the sixth century BC until the late 19th century, Museo Nacional del Prado in Madrid is another place for those who wish to expand their art appreciation. There is so much to explore!
Bonus reason number 6 to visit Europe this year – EU countries dropped COVID travel restrictions as of December 13, 2022!
The current top European destinations from the US include London, United Kingdom; Paris, France; Reykjavik, Iceland; Rome, Italy; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Dublin, Ireland; Barcelona, Spain; and Athens, Greece. Many nonstop flights are available from major US cities to these destinations. If you’re ready to leap across the pond, let our team help you plan the trip of a lifetime!